This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug libc/11787] Program with large TLS segment fails aio_write
- From: "carlos_odonell at mentor dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 18:29:24 +0000
- Subject: [Bug libc/11787] Program with large TLS segment fails aio_write
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <email@example.com/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #16 from Carlos O'Donell <carlos_odonell at mentor dot com> 2012-03-24 18:29:24 UTC ---
(In reply to comment #15)
> But I will go ahead and contact distribution maintainers,
> as Carlos suggested in comment#10.
Many thanks for spearheading the effort. I think the idea is a good
enhancement, but we need to communicate with the distros about this class of
change and get consensus. By getting input from the distros we might find out
that there are other problems with our solution. I don't see any, but it
doesn't hurt to be careful.
I suggest an email to libc-alpha summarizing the issue, current state of glibc
trunk, and CC the glibc distro contacts and see what they have to say. After a
comment period we'll be ready to implement a solution. If you feel like being
thorough you can provide the reworked patch based on changes to
nptl/nptl-init.c along with that summarizing email.
Thank you again for working through this process.
Configure bugmail: http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug.