This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug math/13884] New: exp10 inaccurate
- From: "jsm28 at gcc dot gnu.org" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 20:56:28 +0000
- Subject: [Bug math/13884] New: exp10 inaccurate
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
Bug #: 13884
Summary: exp10 inaccurate
The generic implementations of exp10, exp10f, exp10l (math/e_exp10*) use exp
(arg * log (10)) as their algorithm, which is inaccurate for large inputs (you
need some extra precision for calculating log (10) and doing the
multiplication). For example, on x86_64, exp10f (36) has a 39ulp error, exp10
(305) has a 217ulp error and exp10l (4932) has a 5612ulp error.
It is likely that the x86 implementations of exp10f and exp10 are OK (because
of the extra x87 precision used for internal calculations), but that of exp10l
probably suffers the same issue as reported here (but I haven't tested the x86
Configure bugmail: http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug.