This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug math/13883] New: cexp inaccurate for large imaginary part on x86
- From: "jsm28 at gcc dot gnu.org" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 20:40:43 +0000
- Subject: [Bug math/13883] New: cexp inaccurate for large imaginary part on x86
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
Bug #: 13883
Summary: cexp inaccurate for large imaginary part on x86
x86 (32-bit only) has its own implementations of cexp, cexpf and cexpl which
use fsincos with inaccurate argument reduction and so suffer from the same
problems sincos did when it used fsincos (e.g., cexp (0x1p1023 * I) has no
relation to the correct value). These should probably be removed (with tests
for arguments with large imaginary part added similar to those for sincos) so
the generic C version is used for x86.
Configure bugmail: http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug.