This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug nscd/13696] Add a --disable-nscd option to configure for disabling nscd implementation in glibc functions
- From: "vapier at gentoo dot org" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 13:24:54 +0000
- Subject: [Bug nscd/13696] Add a --disable-nscd option to configure for disabling nscd implementation in glibc functions
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <email@example.com/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #3 from Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org> 2012-03-07 13:24:54 UTC ---
could you possibly keep the crap out of your comments ? this anti-google
sentiment really has no business here.
but on to the facts:
- the feature in question is *already* in the source (this patch doesn't add
the USE_NSCD define)
- this patch only makes control of the -DUSE_NSCD flag into a configure option
- there should be no ABI change
the amount of additional "overhead" here is trivial. i'd also contend the
assertion that google would be the only consumer of this. plenty of embedded
devices could care less about having a daemon like nscd running.
Configure bugmail: http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug.