This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug libc/12377] getaddrinfo() should disregard link-local IPv6 addresses for AI_ADDRCONFIG purposes
- From: "rick.jones2 at hp dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 19:37:43 +0000
- Subject: [Bug libc/12377] getaddrinfo() should disregard link-local IPv6 addresses for AI_ADDRCONFIG purposes
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <email@example.com/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #5 from rick jones <rick.jones2 at hp dot com> 2011-07-07 19:37:40 UTC ---
(In reply to comment #0)
> For what it's worth, both Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X appear to disregard
> link-local IPv6 addresses for AI_ADDRCONFIG purposes, with no apparent ill
Perhaps there is different behaviour based on OS X version?
I put my test program into the hands of some OS X users, and on their systems
where there were only IPv4 and link-scope IPv6 addresses, the setting of
AI_ADDRCONFIG did not preclude resolving the likes of "::1" or a link-scope IP
address (so presumably "::1" was not special cased). One of them is known to
be running 10.6.8, the other I don't have their revision information.
I can provide both the test program and output of it and ifconfig and such if
desired, but won't clutter the bugzilla with it unless asked.
Configure bugmail: http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug.