This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug libc/10192] New: Use writev_not_cancel_no_status in elf/dl-misc.c
- From: "aurelien at aurel32 dot net" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 23 May 2009 12:43:35 -0000
- Subject: [Bug libc/10192] New: Use writev_not_cancel_no_status in elf/dl-misc.c
- Reply-to: sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org
elf/dl-misc.c does a few direct call to __writev() when inline syscalls are not
available. With some kernels it does not make sense to use inline syscalls as
the arguments are passed on the stack with the default calling convention.
Since version 2.10, the code of writev includes a cancellation call to free a
potentially malloced buffer. This means that ld.so should have unwind support
which is not possible.
A solution is to use writev_not_cancel_no_status from not-cancel.h which seems
to have been done exactly from this problem. A patch will follow.
Summary: Use writev_not_cancel_no_status in elf/dl-misc.c
AssignedTo: drepper at redhat dot com
ReportedBy: aurelien at aurel32 dot net
CC: glibc-bugs at sources dot redhat dot com
GCC build triplet: i686-unknown-kfreebsd7.1-gnu
GCC host triplet: i686-unknown-kfreebsd7.1-gnu
GCC target triplet: i686-unknown-kfreebsd7.1-gnu
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.