This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug nptl/9804] pthread_exit from main thread: poor semantics, potential tty session lockup.
- From: "kkylheku at gmail dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 1 Feb 2009 22:10:09 -0000
- Subject: [Bug nptl/9804] pthread_exit from main thread: poor semantics, potential tty session lockup.
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org
------- Additional Comments From kkylheku at gmail dot com 2009-02-01 22:10 -------
Created an attachment (id=3702)
Kernel patch to fix main thread pthread_exit problem.
Causes the single-thread exit system call (sys_exit) to detect that it's the
main thread of a thread group, and perform a wait for the other threads to die
before proceeding with its own exit. During this wait, signals are handled
properly by returning from sys_exit with ERESTARTSYS (not seen in user space).
Consequently, POSIX job control now works properly on a process whose main
thread has called pthread_exit, but which still has other threads running.
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.