This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug linuxthreads/3597] Possible race condition in pthread_exit() function resulting in core dump.
- From: "drow at false dot org" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 27 Nov 2006 18:03:48 -0000
- Subject: [Bug linuxthreads/3597] Possible race condition in pthread_exit() function resulting in core dump.
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org
------- Additional Comments From drow at false dot org 2006-11-27 18:03 -------
Subject: Re: New: Possible race condition in pthread_exit() function resulting in core dump.
On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 05:48:42PM -0000, rsomla at mysql dot com wrote:
> Suggested fix: declare libgcc_s_getcfa and/or libgcc_s_forcedunwind variables
> volatile to prevent keeping them in processor registers or disable context
> switches during pthread_exit() execution.
This is NPTL, not LinuxThreads - anything in the "tls" subdirectory is
I imagine that you have found the bug which was described here:
Several patches were committed to fix this. I recommend you obtain a
more recent version of glibc to test.
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.