This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug libc/3440] locale.h macros like LC_ALL are not usable in #if
- From: "eggert at gnu dot org" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 10 Nov 2006 19:06:37 -0000
- Subject: [Bug libc/3440] locale.h macros like LC_ALL are not usable in #if
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org
------- Additional Comments From eggert at gnu dot org 2006-11-10 19:06 -------
But this patch does not make it harder to debug programs, since it is already
the case that macros like LC_ALL are typically unavailable in the debug info.
<locale.h> has "#define LC_ALL __LC_ALL", and unless you use something like
gcc -g3, gdb won't see the LC_ALL.
If you like, I can rework the patch so that macros like __LC_ALL are
available in the debug info, but I doubt whether any normal users would
care so I don't see the point.
A better possibility is to rework this patch so that LC_ALL is typically
available in the debug info, while still conforming to C99 and POSIX.
This would require changing locale.h as well. I can submit that patch
if you prefer.
(The patches for math.h and fenv.h -- bug 3439 -- are in a different category;
I'll look at them a bit later.)
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.