This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug libc/3353] New: ttyname's new strict dependency on /proc breaks chrooted applications
- From: "jnair at ensim dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 12 Oct 2006 11:38:27 -0000
- Subject: [Bug libc/3353] New: ttyname's new strict dependency on /proc breaks chrooted applications
- Reply-to: sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org
I am a FC6(test3) user. glibc version comes with the distro is 2.4.90-29.
My application runs sshd daemon and logons users to their respective chrooted
homes. Now /proc is not purposely made available in the chrooted env.
sshd's login process (chrooted) calls ttyname. It fails as it does not find
/proc mounted. This used to work with glibc-2.4-4 (on FC5) and before.
Now this strict dependency breaks my application. Even simple command like `tty`
fails in if /proc is not mounted.
Summary: ttyname's new strict dependency on /proc breaks chrooted
AssignedTo: drepper at redhat dot com
ReportedBy: jnair at ensim dot com
CC: glibc-bugs at sources dot redhat dot com,shekhar dot
tiwatne at ensim dot com
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.