This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug libc/2714] Contradiction in the implementation of optional arguments in getopt()
- From: "alpt at freaknet dot org" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 11 Jun 2006 00:28:42 -0000
- Subject: [Bug libc/2714] Contradiction in the implementation of optional arguments in getopt()
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org
------- Additional Comments From alpt at freaknet dot org 2006-06-11 00:28 -------
(In reply to comment #2)
> Nonsense. The current behavior is what is used for 19+ years. Even if someone
> would agree that this is the expected behavior (which I am not) it couldn't
> possibly be changed because there are myriads of programs and scripts out there
> depending on the current behavior.
Let's make it optional then, f.e. let's use an ENV variable like GETOPT_OPTARG.
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.