Re: Buildling gdb on Ubuntu 18.04

> Which bug are you referring to?  Is it something know and documented in
> Bugzilla?

I don't of if any of these are documented in Bugzilla, but

- gdb sometimes prints more than one newline after a record. According to
  section 27.2.2 there should be only one newline.

- According to 27.2.2 a sequence of records result records should come after
  out-of-band record, but I sometimes get a sequence like [out-of-bound,
  result, out-of-bound].

- According to 27.2.2 a sequence of records should terminate with "(gdb)\n" or
  "(gdb)\r\n", but I get "(gdb) \n".

- Most annoyingly, when I add a breakpoint to a location that corresponds to
  multiple locations in the source code (so it leads to adding more than one
  breakpoint), the mi syntax gdb prints looks like this

      =breakpoint-created,bkpt={...},{...},{...}

  which is not valid because a "result" should look like `x=y` so stuff after
  the first "result" (`bkpt={...}`) are not actually results.

Ömer

Simon Marchi <simon.marchi@polymtl.ca>, 30 Oca 2019 Çar, 23:01