Re: Obsoleting Solaris 10 support

On 10/16/2018 12:39 PM, Joel Brobecker wrote:
this would argue for an obsoletion in the GDB 8.4 timeframe, roughly at
the same time GCC itself does.  Issues I'm facing with Solaris 10 right
now (apart from the S10-only build breakages) are having to deal with
different syscall numbers while working on an xml syscall table for
Solaris and catch syscall support, as well as differences in corefile
contents.  I suspect there will be more as time goes on.

Sound good. Feel free to step in and make suggestions if you have
new info that makes you think we should stop support earlier.

I can not think of a valid compelling reason to make the effort.  I have
had no major problems getting gcc bootstrapped on ye old s10 but I use
dbx from the Sun/Oracle Studio line for debug work.  If at all.

Given that Oracle has dropped Solaris 10 into a legacy support status
there isn't any valid reason for extra efforts to get gdb working
flawlessly.  At least I can not think of any.  Sadly.

Dennis Clarke
ye old UNIX greybeard