Re: gdb ignoring vCont supported commands

On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 4:16 PM Bill Morgan <arthurwilliammorgan@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 4:12 PM Pedro Alves <palves@redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> On 10/09/2018 09:29 PM, Bill Morgan wrote:

>> $qSupported:multiprocess+;swbreak+;hwbreak+;qRelocInsn+;fork-events+;vfork-events+;exec-events+;vContSupported+;QThreadEvents+;no-resumed+#df...Ack
>> >>>

>> PacketSize=3fff;QPassSignals+;qXfer:features:read+;qXfer:threads:read+;vContSupported

>> > So it is now recognizing the vContSupported, but it is still sending
>> > vCont;s
>> >

>> Argh, I forgot that this only really works on ARM GNU/Linux.
>> What is your target?
>>

> Custom OS on ARM.
>
> This is what I'm reporting to GDB:
>
> Sending packet: $qXfer:features:read:target.xml:0,fff#7d...Ack
> Packet received: l<target><architecture>arm</architecture></target>
>

>> We're missing the small infrastructure change in GDB
>> mentioned in the discussion I linked before.

What does GDB need to know about my OS for using software breakpoints for
stepping? From looking at this document:
http://infocenter.arm.com/help/topic/com.arm.doc.ihi0036b/IHI0036B_bsabi.pdf
I'd be using the ARM Architecture Procedure Call Standard and probably be
considered Bare Metal. Although I have some ELF processes loaded and
running, I think that should be opaque to GDB though. My stub switches MMU
TTB as necessary for writing the software breakpoints to memory.

Could I report an existing OS to GDB?