Re: Python API: Getting symbol by address

Thanks, so it is just not implemented yet.
Unfortunately I can't quickly write a patch myself because I'm not familiar
with gdb codebase. I don't even know how debuggers work to be honest .

I've noticed that GDB can pretty-print function/method pointer values like
this:

print ( some_func_ptr_gdbvalue )
>>> (void (*)(int, int)) 0x4049f7 <test(int, int)>

So I've unblocked myself by this ugly text parsing workaround:

s = str (some_func_ptr_gdbvalue)
symbol_name = s[s.find("<") + 1 : s.rfind(">")]
gdb_symbol = gdb.lookup_symbol(symbol_name)