This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Python 2.6 support
- From: Simon Marchi <simon dot marchi at polymtl dot ca>
- To: Phil Muldoon <pmuldoon at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2017 14:08:35 +0200
- Subject: Re: Python 2.6 support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 2017-08-08 12:03, Phil Muldoon wrote:
Moved to mailing list for broader discussion. Currently we have
committed code in the GDB sourceware git repository that only works
Memory View objects were introduced in 2.7
Is our position therefor 2.7+ for Python? Or should this code be gated
for Python installations less than 2.7?
That specific issue as been fixed shortly after:
I have just tried building GDB against Python 2.6.9, seems to works find
(at least it builds, I didn't test it).
So far I don't think the effort to support Python 2.6 has been
disproportionate, so I think it's still worth it to support it.