This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Will GDB be rewritten in C++ (again)
- From: Phi Debian <phi dot debian at gmail dot com>
- To: "gdb at sourceware dot org" <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2017 16:42:05 +0200
- Subject: Will GDB be rewritten in C++ (again)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Long long time ago (2012 or so) there was a (vivid) discution
regarding a C++ rewrite of GDB.
I stayed away at that time from participating, and ended up to do
other things (still debugger related though).
Now I retrieved some bandwith and consider going back on GDB dev, but
still today I am reluctant with C++
So my question is, does this rewrite of GDB in C++ has been shelved or
is is still going?
For what I see on my distro, the gdb-7.11.1 is still C, so i would
guess that no progress has been done since 2012 ?
PS: Don't flame on C++ vs C, my question is really about the road map
of GDB. If this is pure C I could refresh my mem to contribute, if
going C++ this is fine too, I would simply find other project there
are plenty :)