Re: Python API for supplying thread information?

On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 10:43 PM, Freddie Chopin <freddie_chopin@op.pl> wrote:
> Would that be even possible to implement in GDB? Maybe something like
> that is possible even now, but not documented?

There has also been some discussion on this in the Black Magic Probe
user community.
Black Magic Probe is a similar project to OpenOCD, but the GDB server
is embedded in firmware in the JTAG hardware.
https://github.com/blacksphere/blackmagic
It currently has no support for RTOS threads.

I am also of the opinion that this would be better achieved as a
Python extension to GDB.
A while ago I worked on some Python scripts that fake it in GDB, by
overriding the `thread`
and `info threads` CLI commands.
https://github.com/gsmcmullin/gdb_chibios/blob/master/chibios.py
(This is for ChibiOS 2 and is not currently maintained.)  It obviously
doesn't work
with frontends using MI.

I unfortunately don't have the time to work on getting the necessary
extensions into GDB.

Regards,
Gareth