How to Read Program Architecture from GDB/MI?

Hi all,

I am attempting to get the CPU architecture of the currently debugged
program via a GDB/MI command. I'm not sure what's I'm doing wrong:

Console interpreter looks good:
(gdb) show architecture
The target architecture is set automatically (currently i386)

MI interpreter succeeds without any data:
(gdb) interpreter-exec mi "-gdb-show architecture"
^done

If I set the arch to auto, then query with MI I get "auto" back...:
(gdb) set arch auto
The target architecture is set automatically (currently i386)
(gdb) interpreter-exec mi "-gdb-show architecture"
^done,value="auto"

Any advice on how I can query the architecture in GDB/MI mode? Thanks
in advance, I appreciate it.