This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
GDB dropping support for mips-irix and alpha-tru64
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 11:52:49 -0700
- Subject: GDB dropping support for mips-irix and alpha-tru64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
The GDB project is planning on removing support for the following
- MIPS IRIX (mips*-sgi-irix5*, mips*-sgi-irix6*)
- Alpha Tru64 (alpha*-*-osf*)
As of GDB 7.8, our latest release, we hope that GDB will build and work.
But we currently have no report of anyone who has tried it, so we do not
know for sure.
If you are still using a recent GDB on either of these platforms,
and would like to step up to continue maintaining either of them,
please let us know. We have been maintaining them as best we can
up to now, but we have reached a point where this is becoming
too difficult and/or more effort that anyone is willing to invest.
If you are interested in maintaining either port, please contact
us immediately, even if you are not sure. Our process for removing
a platform is fairly fast by internet standards: If no one steps up,
we will send this notice to gdb-announce a week from now. And then
declare the removal a week after that.