This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: ChangeLogs in commit messages
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Cc: Gary Benson <gbenson at redhat dot com>, Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>, gdb at sourceware dot org, Andreas Arnez <arnez at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 08:22:42 -0700
- Subject: Re: ChangeLogs in commit messages
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <6036430 dot RnprRWgZmF at vapier> <20140814131206 dot GA12746 at blade dot nx> <20140814132939 dot GH4924 at adacore dot com> <mvmha1f2nse dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <20140814134807 dot GI4924 at adacore dot com> <mvmd2c32mz5 dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <20140814142201 dot GJ4924 at adacore dot com> <mvm8umr2kqk dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <20140814150112 dot GK4924 at adacore dot com> <mvmsikz14va dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de>
> >> It's already included. You can use git log -p to show it.
> > But -p shows the _entire_ patch.
> You can limit it to the ChangeLogs.
Why am I on the bench spending all this time definding a currently
accepted position while you just attack all my explanations with
one-liners? Since you are trying to get us to change, why do _you_
make a proposal, and answer precisely how to fill the gaps that
we might find with it?