This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: ChangeLogs in commit messages
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Gary Benson <gbenson at redhat dot com>, Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>, gdb at sourceware dot org, Andreas Arnez <arnez at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 16:45:23 +0200
- Subject: Re: ChangeLogs in commit messages
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140814083231 dot GA6283 at blade dot nx> <6036430 dot RnprRWgZmF at vapier> <20140814131206 dot GA12746 at blade dot nx> <20140814132939 dot GH4924 at adacore dot com> <mvmha1f2nse dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <20140814134807 dot GI4924 at adacore dot com> <mvmd2c32mz5 dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <20140814142201 dot GJ4924 at adacore dot com>
Joel Brobecker <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Again, I do think that having the CL entry in the commit message is
> useful, and I disagree with the idea of removing it from there.
> Imagine you are scanning the past changes, looking for what might
> have caused a behavior change. When using "git log", having the CL
> in there often helps.
It's already included. You can use git log -p to show it.
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, email@example.com
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE 1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7
"And now for something completely different."