This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: ChangeLogs in commit messages
- From: Gary Benson <gbenson at redhat dot com>
- To: Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org, Andreas Arnez <arnez at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 14:12:06 +0100
- Subject: Re: ChangeLogs in commit messages
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140814083231 dot GA6283 at blade dot nx> <6036430 dot RnprRWgZmF at vapier>
Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Thu 14 Aug 2014 09:32:31 Gary Benson wrote:
> > What are people's preferences here? My preference is #1, but I
> > could live with #3. If we come to some kind of concensus on this
> > I'll update the wiki to reflect this.
> (4) -- none of the above. the ChangeLog files contain the same
> data, so the commit messages should contain useful details.
> i.e. the same content you used when you posted to the mailing list.
Do you mean #4 (changelog entries with no path/author-date) or are you
proposing new option #5 (no changelog in the commit message at all)?
#5 would suit me too.