This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
GDB release tarball format change
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 17:14:31 -0700
- Subject: GDB release tarball format change
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I reviewed again all emails in the following discussion:
I think I can say that there was a general agreement towards
adopting the xz compression format to replace the use of
the bzip2 fomat. To help legacy system support, we will continue
producing .tar.gz tarballs as well.
Unless there are new objections against this change, I am planning
on implementing it for the upcoming GDB 7.8 release.