Re: Patchwork patch tracking system

> Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 18:18:06 +0100
> From: Pedro Alves <palves@redhat.com>
> CC: Gary Benson <gbenson@redhat.com>, Stan Shebs <stanshebs@earthlink.net>,        gdb@sourceware.org
>
> The fact that the ChangeLog is usually not a part of the patch
> and then is added before push changes the hash.

But that's just for historical reasons, right?  If we use
git-changelog-merge, there should be no reason not to make ChangeLog
changes part of the patch, right?

> given we only allow fast-forward, it's very frequent that patches
> need to be rebased when pushed, which changes hash as well.

Does this mean I cannot push after merging from my local branch into
master in my repository?  IOW, if I have local feature branches, do I
have to rebase commits from those branches before pushing them?