This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Tracepoints (and python)
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Marc BrÃnink <marc at nus dot edu dot sg>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 07:32:48 -0700
- Subject: Re: Tracepoints (and python)
- References: <464A745A-AA80-4485-820E-64C4D01A270C@nus.edu.sg>
>>>>> "Marc" == Marc BrÃnink <email@example.com> writes:
Marc> 1. Is there any technical reason why tracing is only possible on
Marc> remote targets? Or is is "just" not implemented for anything else.
I think the only reason is that nobody has done it.
Marc> 2. Anyone working on making tracepoints available to the python
Marc> interface? Any pitfalls to expect?
Nobody has worked on this.
I wouldn't predict any particularly tricky problems, at least not for
representing the tracepoints themselves. I'm less sure about
representing the trace state.