This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: old GDB snapshots...
- From: Mark Kettenis <mark dot kettenis at xs4all dot nl>
- To: brobecker at adacore dot com
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 14:47:51 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: old GDB snapshots...
- References: <20121213124345.GJ3663@adacore.com>
> Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 16:43:45 +0400
> From: Joel Brobecker <email@example.com>
> Hello all,
> Jan was asking about the snaphots we provide on sourceware's
> FTP server. And indeed, we have many!
> We produce weekly snaphots, and daily patches, I believe.
> As far as I can tell, the scripts are supposed to delete old
> snapshots, only keeping a certain number of every kind (numbers
> depend on the type of file - for instance we keep more daily
> diffs than we keep weekly tarballs).
> I believe that the scripts do not delete old snapshots after
> we increment the version number, so old snapshots have been
> - HEAD snapshots: 1.2GB with ~230 files;
> - branch snapshots: 3.6GB with ~630 files.
> (we have snapshots dating back to 6.3)
> I am going to do some cleanup, but how far back do we want
> to keep?
What's the rationale for having snapshots at all when we have anoncvs access?