This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Option parsing in gdb python
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Robert Lupton the Good <rhl at astro dot princeton dot edu>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 11:01:10 -0600
- Subject: Re: Option parsing in gdb python
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <1C69408D-CEF9-4B86-A2E2-4A7547F069D9@astro.princeton.edu>
>>>>> "Robert" == Robert Lupton the Good <email@example.com> writes:
Robert> I can do this (and did; read on, Dear Reader). Does gdb python
Robert> have a position on python 2.6 support? If so, and if gdb
Robert> accepts this parser, we should provide both and wrap the imports
Robert> in try blocks
I think something like this would be worthwhile.
The bar is reasonably high for getting stuff into gdb.
You need copyright assignment papers for non-trivial additions; plus
documentation and a test case.