This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: gdb 7.3.1 and gdb 7.2 on AIX 6.1
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Perry Smith <pedzsan at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 08:11:21 -0600
- Subject: Re: gdb 7.3.1 and gdb 7.2 on AIX 6.1
- References: <76FEEABF-7483-41AE-8C3E-809F91F3613B@gmail.com>
>>>>> "Perry" == Perry Smith <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> /usr/work/src/gdb-7.2/bfd/bfd.c: In function '_bfd_default_error_handler':
>> /usr/work/src/gdb-7.2/bfd/bfd.c:710:3: error: value computed is not used
Perry> The same error happens with 7.3.1 and 7.2 (the above snippet is
Perry> from 7.2).
Perry> Searching the web did not hit anything connected to gdb. The curious
Perry> thing is that I compiled gdb 7.2 using a previous gcc of 4.2.4.
Warnings change between versions of gcc.
Perry> I notice the message "warnings being treated as errors" which might
Perry> explain why, looking at the code, I don't see the problem.
Perry> Any suggestions of what is wrong?
Probably nothing is wrong, just gcc being too eager.
If you just want to build it, don't use -Werror.