Re: GIT and CVS

   I'm not debating that a unified source is useful, of course it is.
   I personally build GDB on Fedora, and beyond what is in the tree,
   there are many non-inclusive packages I have to find to build GDB.

Do you have examples?  I don't install any strange dependencies most
of the time...

   Jan has covered this in detail.  Lets just divorce this argument
   for now.  If we have to continue building ChangeLogs with GIT then
   so be it.  I'm not against this.

I'm just trying to understand how git replaces ChangeLog (which are
the exact same thing as commit messages).  I suspect there is some
grave misunderstanding in the discussion.