Re: GIT and CVS

> Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 23:50:20 +0200
> From: Jan Kratochvil <jan.kratochvil@redhat.com>
> Cc: pmuldoon@redhat.com, joseph@codesourcery.com, gdb@sourceware.org
>
> You have primarily `git annotate [revision]' which is like `cvs annotate' but
> with the speed of GIT you can really use it.

??? When did you last use "git annotate"? and on what project?  That
command is notoriously slow in git.  E.g., it takes a whopping 4.5
minutes to run on a particularly large and history-rich file in the
Emacs repository.  That's a lot of time to wait, too long for everyday
usage.  (I understand that having annotate slow was a deliberate
design decision, because git designer(s) consider that command
unnecessary.)