Re: program spaces vs exec

>>>>> "Pedro" == Pedro Alves <pedro@codesourcery.com> writes:

Pedro> E.g., breakpoints are supposed to reset/resolve after the exec,
Pedro> and since the breakpoint symbol search scope is currently tied to
Pedro> a program space, keeping the same program space keeps that
Pedro> working the same.

FWIW, I'm changing this.

Pedro>  For exec, I don't have a strong feeling either way, we could say
Pedro> that there's a new address/program space attached to the
Pedro> inferior, or we could say that the inferior's address/program
Pedro> spaces have been refreshed with a new set of pages.  I chose the
Pedro> latter approach originally.

I think it would be fine to reset the pretty-printers at this point.

Pedro> How do pretty-printers from a shared library that unloads go
Pedro> away?

Generally they are attached to the objfile.  So, they disappear
automatically when the objfile is removed.

Tom