This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: gdb backtrace include library as well as symbol name
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>, Jon Grant <jg at jguk dot org>, gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 12:47:09 -0600
- Subject: Re: gdb backtrace include library as well as symbol name
- References: <4E7FAB5E.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20110926063307.GA1031@host1.jankratochvil.net> <20110926153601.GH27340@adacore.com>
>>>>> "Joel" == Joel Brobecker <email@example.com> writes:
Jan> Yes, this is common RFE. It was discussed in the thread:
Jan> Re: [patch] GDB 7.2: new feature for "backtrace" that cuts
Jan> path to file (remain filename)
Joel> I understood that thread as being something slightly different.
Joel> But what's being asked here is that the name of the exe being
Joel> debugged be printed for symbols in the main exe. This is the only
Joel> time as far as I known when the name of the objfile is not
Joel> printed, so I think that the current output is fine.
I think it would be a decent addition.
What happened to the patch which Jan references? It also seemed like a
good idea, or at least a good one once minor changes were made.
Joel> There has been a project of decorated backtraces, which allows
Joel> a user to enhance them via Python. Have you looked at this project?
Joel> Not sure if this project made it to the main repository, of if
Joel> it is still only in Archer, though.
Phil is reimplementing this in a better way.