Crash of Archer's gdb on mingw (passing null argument to vasprintf)

Hi all,

Maybe a strange question because it's not about stock gdb but about the
fedora16-branch from the Archer project. But I know that there are not
that much mingw/Windows people on the Archer mailinglist, so I ask here.

In gdbtypes.c there's this code:

    warning (_("Range for type %s has invalid bounds %s..%s"),
            TYPE_NAME (type), plongest (TYPE_LOW_BOUND (range_type)),
            plongest (TYPE_HIGH_BOUND (range_type)));

This goes wrong when TYPE_NAME (type) is null. Eventually warning()
leads to a call of vasprintf(), and on Fedora it prints '(NULL)' when it
encounters a null-parameter. But on mingw it crashes (sigint).

How to fix this properly? I could add a check for the assignment of
TYPE_NAME (type). Or should mingw fix their vasprintf implementation? Or
can I switch to another version of casprintf? (I use the
mingw-installation from Fedora to cross-compile to mingw)

Joost van der Sluis.