Re: xtensa: reading privileged special registers

Hello Max,

Please, help us to precisely identify what exactly do you experience
by answering some questions:

1) Did you apply a source overlay for your specific hardware ?
    Xtensa is a configurable and expendable architecture. It's impossible
    to maintain the data base of all supported Xtensa processors
    because it's potentially infinite. Many Tensilica customers
    keep their hardware secret even from Tensilica, but all the tools
    still work. So for every instance of Xtensa processor, a set of source
    overlay files have to be provided. By default, so-called Xtensa FSF
    processor (we call it config) is supported by FSF tools. It is
    checked-in into FSF tree.

2) What Xtensa processor do you work with ( if it's not a secret ) ?
    What privileged registers do you have problems with ?

Thanks,
-- Maxim