This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Question on Objective C Breakpoints
- From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader at gmail dot com>
- To: GDB Users <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 22:19:09 -0400
- Subject: Question on Objective C Breakpoints
- Reply-to: noloader at gmail dot com
I'm working with a program without sources and symbols. I'm interested
in breaking when the program fetches a string from a UITextField. The
TextField has a text property, so I expected I could `b getText`
(synthesized getter). Unfortunately, lack of symbols is hurting the
cause. I've also tried setting a BP on UTF8String (of NSString), but
it appears the method is not called in the context of interest.
Is there a way to break on objc_msgSend when the object is of class
UITextField? Or would an Objective C guru have any other suggestions?