This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: time to be serious about dropping CVS
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 17:35:43 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: time to be serious about dropping CVS
- References: <20100101080137.GP2788@adacore.com>
On Fri, 1 Jan 2010, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> Right now, git is so much more powerful and fast, that I will personally
> focus on a transition to git. What I'd like to do is for a group of
> motivated contributors to form a "task force" whose goal is to come up
> with possible suggestions on how to transition, and then offer them up
> for review, with pros and cons, to the maintainers of the affected
> projects. Target date - I'm thinking sometime during the summer,
> maybe the GCC Summit? At the very latest, end of year 2010.
Just checking: is your task force still on target to have proposals by the
end of the year? A report on progress would be good even if there aren't
full proposals yet.
Joseph S. Myers