This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Does multiple-symbols mechanism work?
- From: Avi Gozlan <avi at checkpoint dot com>
- To: "'gdb at sourceware dot org'" <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: Avi Gozlan <avi at checkpoint dot com>
- Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 12:25:44 +0200
- Subject: Does multiple-symbols mechanism work?
I failed enabling the 'multiple-symbols' mechanism. Per debugging the following simple program it seems that this mechanism does not work on GDB 7.1. Apparently GDB defines the breakpoint in the first symbol occurrence only, either in 'all' or 'ask' mode. Am I missing something?
1 #include <stdio.h>
3 void a(int i)
5 printf("%i\n", i);
8 void a()
(gdb) set multiple-symbols ask
(gdb) b a
Breakpoint 1 at 0x804835e: file try.cc, line 5.
(gdb) show version
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.1