This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [hellogcc] Re: [PATCH] Built kernel without -O2 option
- From: Hui Zhu <teawater at gmail dot com>
- To: Alexey Dobriyan <adobriyan at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Valdis dot Kletnieks at vt dot edu, 乔崇 <qiaochong at loongson dot cn>, hellogcc at freelists dot org, Américo Wang <xiyou dot wangcong at gmail dot com>, linux-kernel at vger dot kernel dot org, gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 21:21:45 +0800
- Subject: Re: [hellogcc] Re: [PATCH] Built kernel without -O2 option
- References: <AANLkTimewZ4QhxzL2vOYYV85pegy8Fu6Rb4XUAPqGUXS@mail.gmail.com> <20101129081619.GD5218@cr0.nay.redhat.com> <AANLkTinnJjqmXmbpAYmV9Tsc0VJV=WDM+GY6Gi1cJFCB@mail.gmail.com> <4CF36741.email@example.com> <AANLkTiktPFtCdYpZai-L_WCOpBrZYN5yN_V7GZ5tKGXG@mail.gmail.com> <4CF3762B.firstname.lastname@example.org> <13700.1291054229@localhost> <20101129220350.GA10923@core2.telecom.by>
On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 06:03, Alexey Dobriyan <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 01:10:29PM -0500, Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu wrote:
>> That may result in issues - the problem is that there are places in the kernel
>> where 'gcc -O0' will *compile* cleanly, but not actually *run* correctly.
> Since nobody (no-bo-dy) runs kernel with -O0, I'd suggest original
> poster to learn how to debug kernel with constrained information.
> I'll be most certainly faster. :^)
> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
> the body of a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
> More majordomo info at ?http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
> Please read the FAQ at ?http://www.tux.org/lkml/
Do you know Linux kernel cannot be built with "gcc -O0" now?
I think you should said "Since nobody (no-bo-dy) don't want built
kernel with -O0".
But how you know all the people's idea? :)