This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Hangs in GDB auto-complete
- From: Michael Snyder <msnyder at vmware dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Kristoffer SjÃÃ <krsj at nada dot kth dot se>, "gdb at sourceware dot org" <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 09:50:23 -0800
- Subject: Re: Hangs in GDB auto-complete
- References: <4CE279B5.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Tom Tromey wrote:
"Kristoffer" == Kristoffer SjÃÃ <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Kristoffer> After I upgraded my Ubuntu system to Lucid Lynx (10.04)
What version of gdb?
Kristoffer> It's very irritating, especially when I end up having to
Kristoffer> kill GDB.
You should be able to C-c out of any completion.
If you can't, then that is a gdb bug.
Kristoffer> I've no notion of the inner workings of GDB and no idea what
Kristoffer> this is all due to, but perhaps someone here has some clue?
We need more details, ideally enough to try to reproduce the problem.
It could be any number of things, depending on the details of what you
I think I've seen something like this -- on large symbol files with many
symbols, gdb gets into a tight loop in completion that doesn't seem to
respond to ^C. Just speaking from memory ...