Re: gdb darwin target on Linux host?

> > file /home/exchange/ls
> > /home/exchange/ls: Mach-O fat file with 2 architectures
>
> You can't debug fat binaries.  You have to extract the executable you really want to debug.

ok - but the packaged Apple darwin gdb (shipped with my install) CAN
read the native binaries. So, what is the difference? Another/patched
libbfd used by Apple?

(e.g. http://www.opensource.apple.com/tarballs/gdb/gdb-1469.tar.gz
gdb version is 6.3.50.20050815-cvs)

however I do not want to debug natively (or my question here would be
pointless), I want to cross-debug using a Linux host.