Re: About the initialization of 'struct linux_record_tdep'

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010, xingxing pan wrote:

> Hi. I'm just porting the process record function to an ARM similar arch.
> To initialize the struct linux_record_tdep, one has to collect the
> size of various types.
> Is there some way to do this beside diving into the kernel source or
> system including files?
> Why not finish the collecting during the configure stage?

You don't generally have target headers available when configuring GDB,
only those for the host system, and it is also possible that a single GDB
configuration supports multiple target ABIs (32-bit and 64-bit say).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com