This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: GDB code reuse for gdbserver?
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Paul Koning <paul_koning at dell dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 11:47:22 -0700
- Subject: Re: GDB code reuse for gdbserver?
- References: <2CFC588D-558C-42F0-B7F1-BE6D68E9BA15@dell.com>
> Does this make sense? (In other words, would such an approach be
I think we talked about this a few weeks back. The answer is a definite
yes. What we should do, IMO, is have GDB depend on the gdbserver code.
That way, we can think of implementing a gdbserver as the first step
towards implementing a native GDB (or seen differently, if you have
implemented a native GDB, then you should have a gdbserver for free).
I think that Pedro also mentioned that the GNU/Linux nat support was now
better in gdbserver as well.
That being said, I don't see this as an obvious task. But I would
certainly welcome it.