This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Crashing gdb with python-prettyprinting
- From: Petr HluzÃn <petr dot hluzin at gmail dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Joachim Protze <joachim dot protze at wh2 dot tu-dresden dot de>, gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 21:52:40 +0200
- Subject: Re: Crashing gdb with python-prettyprinting
- References: <4C4EFC98.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On 30 July 2010 21:12, Tom Tromey <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Joachim> I also tried to run gdb with duma to find the memory failure,
> Joachim> where the frame_info is overwritten, but with running duma each
> Joachim> step and each function call of gdb gets damn slow.
> I don't know what duma is. ÂI tend to use valgrind for this sort of
> thing. ÂThat is slower than running native, but for most things, not
> unbearably so.
FYI: DUMA is a GLP library to detect buffer overruns and under-runs in
C and C++ programs. http://duma.sourceforge.net/
Basically it works the same way as ElectricFence (guard page after
I am sad to hear it is slow.