Re: Getting pissed off by gdb. Please help with stepping in.

Thanks for all the replies. I see different people have reasons for
different behaviour. If it helps let me tell what I'd like to see.

If I'm inside bar than when I do finish I want to get out of bar and
remain on  'foo( bar() )'. If I keep hitting next or step I should
eventually get out of bar and remain on 'foo( bar() )'. Rationale: when
I'm done with bar debugging I want to have a choice: either to be able to
go into foo or, if I'm not interested in foo, step over it.

If I'm on the line 'foo( bar() )' I would like to have 2 options (this
applies to both gdb and microsoft debugggers). Either step into bar
(existing behaviour) or step over all calls used in arguments and step
right into foo (this isn't supported, isn't it?). Rationale: if call to
foo looks like 'foo( bar1(), bar2(), bar2(), bar4() )' and I'm not
interested in all these bars I need an option to that will be most
productive for this case: go directly inside foo.

Pavel