Re: configure: error: no usable python found

On 3 March 2010 06:54, Joel Brobecker wrote:
>> checking whether to use python... /usr/lib/Python-2.6.4
>> checking for python2.6... no
>> checking for python2.5... no
>> checking for python2.4... no
>> configure: error: no usable python found at /usr/lib/Python-2.6.4
>
> I'd recommend that you check the gdb/config.log file. ?Somewhere
> close to the end, before configure dumped its entire environment,
> you should see the compile check that was used to check for python2.6,
> and the error that caused configure discard to 2.6 python install.

I'm having a similar issue trying to build gdb for MinGW using MSYS
with Python support.  I have the official Python 2.6.4 windows version
installed at C:\Python26, which I have mounted at /python within my
MSYS shell.  I configured gdb with 'configure --with-python=/python'.
Looking at the config.log file I see:

| #include "python2.6/Python.h"
| int
| main ()
| {
| Py_Initialize ();
|   ;
|   return 0;
| }

Which is why it's failing, given that Python.h is in /python/include/.
 Is there a way to override where configure is looking for Python.h?

Thank you,

Chris

--
Chris Sutcliffe