This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Gdb ported to ia64-hp-hpux11.23?
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Andrew <ke at alum dot bu dot edu>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 10:08:40 +0400
- Subject: Re: Gdb ported to ia64-hp-hpux11.23?
- References: <email@example.com>
> Is this problem specific to my local host or is it that gdb just
> hasn't been ported to ia64-hpux?
The FSF version of GDB has indeed not been ported to ia64-hpux.
I did a port for AdaCore which I swore I would contribute, but
then it didn't happen - mostly because of lack of time and inexperience
on my end. We're still using gdb-6.3 for ia64-linux, and I can put
a tarball of the sources on sourceware.org as a "code drop", if you
are interested. It's on my radar to port the FSF GDB to ia64-hpux,
but that's for my next Christmas-break "treat", which is quite a ways
away. It might be sooner if I really get fed up with supporting
such an ancient version as gdb-6.3 but, looking at my calendar,
this seems pretty unlikely.