This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
gdb command line option -e or -exec usage
- From: "Paragi, Ajeykumar B" <ajeykumar dot paragi at hp dot com>
- To: "gdb at gnu dot org" <gdb at gnu dot org>, "gdb at sourceware dot org" <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 03:41:57 +0000
- Subject: gdb command line option -e or -exec usage
- References: <RT-Ticketemail@example.com> <E2E3C92B1E0AB4468F79FC237074B248274A4CFFE8@GVW1116EXC.americas.hpqcorp.net> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I have invoked gdb with '-e' command line option on an executable,
The gdb manual says '-e' is used to set the executable to run.
But I could not see the symbols read in by gdb when I use -e and could
not insert breakpoints.
What is the intent of having the command line option "-e" or "-exec"?
Thanks & Regards,