This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Does GDB have some way to handle the LKM when debug the Linux-Kernel
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <dan at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Hui Zhu <teawater at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 09:03:32 -0500
- Subject: Re: Does GDB have some way to handle the LKM when debug the Linux-Kernel
- References: <email@example.com>
On Thu, Feb 04, 2010 at 03:08:50PM +0800, Hui Zhu wrote:
> When I use GDB to debug a Kernel that running on the QEMU. The GDB
> cannot get the debug message from lkm.
> I just can load this debug message with my hand:
> 1. Get the right module from modules. It need parse the struct list.
> 2. p module->module_core get the mod address.
> 3. add-symbol-file mode.ko address
> Do we have some easy way to handle it?
Not yet, but the plan is to have Python support for automatically
loading module symbols.
An initial version was posted here:
You can probably find me talking about the requirements in the list
archives in a couple of places. Ideally, I want a Python hook to
GDB's shared library mechanism instead of using add-symbol-file.