Re: [gdb-7.0] One week to the gdb-7.0 release!

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 09:29:49AM -0700, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> >    I haven't tested the gdb 7.0 branch yet, but gdb trunk seems to be
> > totally broken now on darwin even with the proposed patch...
> >
> > http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2009-09/msg00430.html
> >
> > Now gdb errors out earlier and claims that darwin executables
> > aren't valid executable files. Is anyone else seeing that on
> > darwin?
>
> Again, you really have to qualify your statement with which version
> of Darwin you are using.
>
> I believe that you are using Snow Leopard whereas things to be OK
> on Leopard.  The problem on Snow Leopard seems to be coming from
> the fact that the method for giving GDB the priviledges it needs
> in order to debug the program have changed.  AdaCore is planning on
> looking at that, eventually, but we just won't have the resources
> to do so for at least a few weeks.
>
> --
> Joel

Joel,
   This is under darwin10, however I am seeing a totally new error
than before. A week ago gdb would report errors about opening the
mach port. Now it seems to not even recognize the binary as being
valid. So unless the error code in gdb was change, it seems to be
a new bug. I'll post the exact error message tonight.
                 Jack